Sunday - Isn't this supposed to be a time when we can fellowship with God, family and also rest? Well that was n0t entirely the case for me Sunday. On the way to church I realized I had a tire on the van with very low air. I stopped at the first gas statin to put air in. Well it's been almost 10 years since I had done this myself (and even then I think I had a male friend with me) So with Taylor and Lilly in the car (Wes was already at church) I tried to figure the air machine out. Thankfully a good Samaritan saw this damsel in distress and helped me out. We managed to make it to Bible class just a few seconds late.
After church we ate at Burger King then Wes went back to the office to get ready for an afternoon meeting. So the kids and I headed back up the "mountain". About 1 mile from home Taylor said he needed to go to the bathroom. I sped up just a bit, but about 2 houses later he was throwing up! I was already in our neighborhood so I just kept going and got home 2 minutes later. Lilly was ready to eat so as I tried to strip Taylor off in the carport and not track vomit in the house she was screaming at the top of her lungs. I finally got Taylor in clean clothes, hands washed and picked up Lilly to feed her. The van stayed nasty for at least another hour before I could get back out there.
I cleaned things up while they slept so I didn't get a nap like I had hoped for. I was then hoping to get in bed early but for some reason everyone was still up at 9:30 that night playing. I finally fell into bed at 11pm as usual. Oh well so much for a sabbath rest day.
However now I come to Monday night. We had a meeting for our missions team to discuss our upcoming Mission Sunday. Some guests from Voice of the Martyrs came to share with us. If you have never heard about Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) I highly recommend that you check them out. They do a remarkable job of telling us about the persecuted church around the world and also helping the persecuted church in different ways.
Well after their presentation I really didn't think that my Sunday was all that bad after all. Really it wasn't that bad while I was in the middle of it except that I was REALLY wanting a nap. After seeing how Christians in other countries are often tortured I had a great day nap or not. As Mission Sunday approaches I want to try and blog about a few things about the persecuted church. Here's something I learned last night to start with...
2/3 of the Christians in the world live in a place where it is highly likely they are persecuted for their faith. We are in the 1/3 MINORITY of Christians who are not persecuted, tortured or killed for our faith. Think about that.



1 comment:
Wow, that really puts things in perspective when we consider how blessed we are to not be in that majority who are persecuted for their faith. I often wonder why God placed me in a country (and in the Bible Belt, to boot) where I can worship freely, while others don't have that freedom. I guess that's part of the saying about where much is given, much is required...we who enjoy freedom have a responsibility to do what we can (pray for, take action where able, etc.) to help those who aren't where we are. Thanks for the reminder!
On a lighter note, I hope Taylor is feeling all better now and that you get a nap next Sunday! :)
Post a Comment