8.20.2010

Kindergarten

We have survived the first 2 weeks of Kindergarten! Taylor loves school. He's really good at it. He gets up with little fuss and is usually ready to go right on time. After walking him in the first few days he is now confident enough to get out in the carpool line and go in by himself. He even rides the bus home! He really likes that I think and actually gets home faster than if I picked him up. I like that. :)

Today was especially exciting as it was Gingerbread Man day. Now I don't know if this is something all kindergartners do but believe it or not the one thing I remember about kindergarten was going on a gingerbread man hunt. Taylor did that today. The Gingerbread man left clues and they looked in the gym, library, lunchroom, principals office and then found him "resting" in the cookie jar in class. Then they got to eat him. :) I totally remember going on a similar search at the 1st Baptist Church in Columbiana. We found our gingerbread man in the fellowship hall kitchen. Taylor was so excited about it he came running up the drive way and told us all about it first thing. I almost cried I guess from nostalgia.

Here's a few pictures from the first day of school.






1 comment:

Monique said...

Such great pictures! He looks so happy!