9.02.2008

Drum Roll Please....

Ok for all of you who have been curious...we now have a name for our Baby Girl.

Lillian Mae

It's been a long road, but finally an agreement. :) Here's the story.

Lillian was my idea as I had a great aunt named Lillian that I loved. We then learned that Wes' great-great grandmother was Lillian. That was when he said he'd give me that name. :) Then it was the challenge of finding a good middle name.

We didn't want to go too long and the issue of sounding too old fashioned crept in. But for some reason after Wes kept suggesting some other names that sounded like Mae I brought up that one. He had to think about it awhile, but then said that was good. At first we weren't thinking it was a family name at all, but it turns out that Mae covers all sides as well. We remembered Wes' great-grandmother was Maedell (sp?) and that he had a great great aunt named Mae. Then as we told my mom the name she informed me that my great Aunt Ludie's middle name was Mae.

So there it is. We will most likely call her Lilly (of Lillie if I get my way. :) Hope everyone feels better now that she has a name. Taylor said it was good, but he really wants Lillian Alice. Only because he really likes the name Alice. So if you hear him call her Alice I guess that's going to be his nickname for her. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. At least now we won't be at the hospital racking our brains. Just pray that she's still a girl when we get there or we'll be back to square one again. :)

3 comments:

Teale said...

love the name! Where did this "Alice" fascination come from?

Amanda G. said...

Sorry the Alice explanation is this...on the Noggin channel for preschoolers there is a cartoon called "Little Bill" (created by Bill Cosby) Little Bill's grandmother is called Alice the Great and for some reason Taylor has decided that is the name for his little sister. I actually considered it for a middle name and spelled different, but Wes wouldn't have that.

Anonymous said...

awww, I love Alice the Great! What a sweet story.

My paternal grandmother's middle name was Mae - she was Nellie Mae Buchanan (then Rogers). How's that for an old-fashioned, southern name?

Congrats on making the final decision - we all agree that we, too, like it. I had a nice chuckle, however, about if she turns out to not be a girl! That's why we had both a girl and a boy name each time - sometimes technology (unless it's an amnio) can be wrong!