I'm not much into fashion. I hate to shop for clothes. My husband and mother wish I was more fashion conscious. I don't like to iron. Why iron when things will be just as wrinkled by the time you get to the car?
As much as I am not into fashion I am guilty of trying to look better than others at times. I don't have that much in the way of clothing options right now (still working on the "baby fat") so I have to think..."did I wear that same thing last Sunday? How many people saw me in that? I have to be in something different so they won't think that's the only thing I have to wear!"
Well this weekend we have a friend from Malawi, Africa staying with us. He is what could be called a millionaire especially in Malawi. However he does not flaunt this fact at all. Wes took him shopping for some new clothes at Burlington. He wanted to get the same type things he got on a past trip. When they got home he had 2 pair of pants just like what he was wearing and 3 new shirts. One shirt was the same color as what he had on and the others were a slightly different shade. He said he wanted to get them all exactly the same, but they didn't have enough in his size that color.
Why would he want to look like he is wearing the same thing everyday? Because most people around him in Africa ARE wearing the same thing every day. He said this way only his wife would know that he had changed clothes...



2 comments:
Hey There! I ended up on your blog somehow! I LOVE the name of your blog!
I want to invite you to my Valentine's Day Husband Project at homesticaffairs.blogspot
Once again, those in Malawi are the ones teaching us a lesson.
Post a Comment