11.27.2008

Tests

I guess this is our new normal. Doctor visits have occurred at least once a week since we brought Lilly home. Most have been her regular well baby checkups while the others have been to the cardiologist.
Tuesday we had a visit to the cardiologist and she had her blood pressure checked, an EKG, and echocardiogram. The doctor is worried that her heart repair is still not wide enough for good blood flow. He is getting us an appointment at UAB for an artiriogram. This would be so they could better view that opening in her aorta and if it needs to be wider they would do a balloon to expand it some.
I hate to think of her going through anything else so little, however better now than when she might remember it. She has slowed down on her weight gain too. She is currently 9lbs 9oz. Only 6 oz more than 3 weeks ago. I have worried that my milk is drying up. We have also been told that to heal she needs extra calories so I might need to supplement.
I never thought my milk would dry up especially during that first week of pumping. I think my first mistake was taking cold medicine to dry up my runny nose. (pharmacy friends out there... Is this a possibility?). Also I don't drink enough fluids. I started to pay attention and I barely take in more than 12-16 oz before dinner. Lilly is drinking almost twice that much in the same time frame. So now I am trying to drink more and hope that helps.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

Teale said...

We will be praying everything goes well with the tests. Have you looked into taking Fenugreek to increase milk supply? Also, google "power pumping" - I know someone that has done this and it upped her milk production big time. Hope you get it all worked out.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful she is healthy otherwise. As for the milk production, I can remember Daniel coming to help me with nursing and handing me a bottle of water to drink. It really does make a difference!