Anyway all this van shopping got me feeling all sentimental. If you knew me in high school you know my first vehicle was "The Van." Our old full size van from 1986. I didn't start driving until 1993 though so you know it was old when I got it. That was a fun thing to drive around at 16.
I had to take my brother to middle school every morning before I went to school and every cold morning "The Van" would die sitting at the one red light in downtown. I then had to crank it back up and stall traffic for 2 minutes. That was sooo embarrassing. My dad had driven "The Van" every year until I did and he waved at every car that passed by. So every morning I had people I didn't even know just waving because they could see me coming in that big thing.
We did have fun with that thing. It carried us many miles (over 200,000) and my brother even got to drive it 3 years later. :) We went to many Auburn games in it (it was blue and gold stripes so it fit right in) and we took it to Disney World at least 2 times.
I'm glad that vans aren't quite as big and bulky as that one was so long ago, but I hope when we find the right one it gives us just as many wonderful memories as "The Van".



1 comment:
Jeff is convinced that our next vehicle must be a minivan. I, however, am not yet convinced. Fortunately, I should have another two years before the decision has to be made. (You know, because we drive vehicles until either the wheels fall off or they are murdered in a random act of car violence!) I laugh and tell him that he can by me a minivan, but he's going to pay for it as if it were a Lexus!
My mom had a minivan in 1985, and I have ZERO pleasant memories from the experience. I am minivan traumatized!
Post a Comment